In the ESPN Cubs magazine, this section stood out the strongest. A decoder ring for the manager’s prophetic message? They’re telling us to decode the Gematria. “The circle is perfect. Like a target. Or the Cubs’ logo, which, come to think of it, looks like a target.” And at the bullseye are the letters UBS (3+2+1). President of the United States =321. Hmm…
- It then mentions the president in a reference to Clear and Present Danger =1224 and the date 2/24. His fingers could be making a sign for 2-2-4 as well. Chicago Cubs in Seven Games =224.
UBS =252. Final =252. Cubs had a run differential of +252. The trend towards numeric palindromes stands out strongly with the Cubs end of season stats: lowest batting average by opponents (.212), on-base percentage (.343), base runners who eventually score (808), and RBI’s and drawing walks (656). Numeric Palindrome =91/190. UBS =292. Cubs Indians World Series =262.
- Now let’s examine this first sentence a little closer: PERFECT =37/73. A TARGET =27/72. As if they’re pointing out and emphasizing the importance of the numeric palindrome. Twenty Sixteen World Champions =373.
- November Second Two Thousand Sixteen =410/140.
pressure is a motivator a positive an indicator you are in the right place =747. Cubs Target =696. Cubs Indians =690. October Thirtieth Two Thousand Sixteen =434 — Two Thousand Sixteen =403. Put Some Money On the Cubbies =304. Cubbies =34. We’ve been seeing a shit-ton of 34/43 codings ever since Super Bowl 50 finished with 34 total points.
- Interesting then that #34 and #43 both share Gematria: Jake Buchanan =37/46. Jon Lester =37/46. That’s also a match with the lucky charm brought over from the Royals after last year’s World Series win, Zobrist =37/46.
- Thirty-Four =61/160. Cubs Target =116. Twenty Sixteen World Series =116.
Then there’s this story about a kid who wrote in his high school yearbook circa 1993: “Chicago Cubs. 2016. World Champions. You heard it here first.” First of all, that’s the year that Rookie of the Year came out; Indians’ last World Series was the 93rd World Series (which they lost) and Cubs clinched with their 93rd win. Then there’s the quote itself:
- Chicago Cubs 2016 World Champions You Heard It Here First =252. UBS =252 and Cubs had a run differential of +252.
- You Heard It Here First =117. The Commissioner’s Trophy =117.